We understand that turning off Chrome browser notifications can be an essential task for many users. Whether you’re trying to focus on work or just tired of receiving endless pop-ups, disabling notifications can improve your browsing experience. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to stop notifications on chrome
Turn Off Chrome Browser Notifications
Follow the below simple steps to stop notifications on chrome mobile and desktop browsers.
- The first step to disabling Chrome notifications is to access the Chrome settings menu.
- You can do this by clicking on the three dots located in the top right corner of the browser window, and then selecting “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Once you have accessed the settings menu, scroll down until you see the “Privacy and Security” section.
- Click on this section to expand it, and then select “Site Settings.”
- After clicking on “Site Settings” you should see a section titled “Permissions.”
- Click on “Notifications” to access the notification settings for your Chrome browser.
- To turn off notifications for all websites, simply toggle the switch next to “Sites can ask to send notifications” to the off position. This will prevent all websites from sending notifications to your browser.
Managing Specific Site Notifications
If you would like to keep notifications enabled for some websites while disabling them for others, you can manage notifications on a site-by-site basis. Simply scroll down to the “Allow” section and review the list of websites that have requested to send notifications. To disable notifications for a specific website, click on the three dots located to the right of the website name, and then select “Block.”
If you find that you are still receiving notifications even after following these steps, there are a few additional tips you can try. First, make sure that your Chrome browser is up to date. You can check for updates by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner of the browser window and selecting “Help” > “About Google Chrome.” If there are any available updates, they will be downloaded automatically.
Another tip is to clear your browser cache and cookies. This can often help resolve issues with notifications, as well as other browser-related issues.
In conclusion, turning off Chrome browser notifications is a simple process that can greatly improve your browsing experience. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can quickly and easily disable notifications for all websites or manage them on a site-by-site basis. If you encounter any issues, be sure to try the additional tips we’ve provided to help resolve the problem.
1 thought on “How to stop notifications on chrome – Step by Step Guide”
It is best information for notification blocking